Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kissed By A Butterfly.....And Then She Was Gone

This painting is not quite finished, but for now it is. My mom died three long years ago. You think you know how a person feels when they lose their mom but you really don't know till it happens to you. My mom was a gentle soul (she could be feisty too) who loved cooking, cleaning, gardening, crocheting and reading. She loved her house and being at home taking care of it. She was married to my dad who was the love of her life. They were married 62 years. She would have done anything for her him or us kids. She was not only my mom but my best friend. I miss her terribly!
Please take time to hug your mom and let her know how important she is to you. Love her while she is here, cause once she is gone, she is gone for good.

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty package I got in the mail 2day....You Love the pink stripes on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a gorgeous painting and the story behind this piece is so touching. Made me a little misty. Thanks so much for sharing and have a lovely merry happy week! Love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://www.jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! Sorry I was finishing the journal I was making and neglecting my flyer friends blogs....I'm following now - thank you for the gentle reminder ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone....hugs to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the reminder...hugs to you too.

    ReplyDelete